How to use a 4G phone to provide WAN/Internet service to a LAN?
- Connect my phone to my router via USB cable. My router has USB ports. …
- Enable Mobile Hotspot mode on my phone. Connect router to phone (e.g. as WDS wireless bridging or whatever mode is appropriate). …
- Connect my phone to a Kubuntu laptop via USB cable.
Can mobile be connected to LAN?
Yes you can use internet on mobile using Ethernet. You need to check compatibility for same with the device model and operating system. I have tested it on Android and it does support Ethernet. All you would require is OTG adapter and a USB Ethernet Adapter.
Lets cut to the chase…..
- Take the ethernet/lan cable and join the two systems.
- Go to the system which has the existing internet connection.
- Open Control Panel-Network and Sharing Center-Change Adapter’s Setting.
- Go to the Network connection which has internet connectivity and right click-Properties.
- Go to Sharing.
You can share an Internet/network connection from your PC to an Ethernet gateway on a Windows 10 PC if your PC has at least one Ethernet port, and another network adapter (typically Wi-Fi). The most common configuration is sharing a Wi-Fi connection to the Ethernet port.
Can I connect my Android phone to Ethernet?
To be clear, Android devices have supported connecting to wired networks over Ethernet for years, but now an Android device can serve as the host network as well. The option is greyed out until you plug in a USB Ethernet adapter.
How do I connect my Android phone to my router?
Follow these steps:
- Visit the Wi-Fi screen in the Settings app.
- Select a wireless network from the list. Available Wi-Fi networks appear on the screen, similar to what’s shown in the figure. …
- If prompted, type the network password. …
- Tap the CONNECT button. …
- If prompted to remember the network, do so.
Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Some phones can share Wi-Fi connection by tethering.
Connect another device to your phone’s hotspot
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
How do I bridge my WiFi to Ethernet?
- Download and install the latest drivers for your Ethernet adapter directly from the manufacturer’s web site.
- Open Settings, click on Network & Internet and select Change adapter options. …
- Create a new bridge by first selecting the WiFi adapter and then the Ethernet adapter.