How do I upload files to someone else’s Dropbox?
Solution 1. Share files/folder of your Dropbox account with another
- Go to Dropbox.com and log in to your Dropbox account.
- Click Files in the left column. Then, hover over the file or folder you’d like to share and click Share.
- Type the Email or name of the person (or people) you’d like to share with.
- Click Share.
The amount of space in your Dropbox prevents you from accepting a shared folder invite if: The shared folder is larger than your space quota (for example, the shared folder is 5 GB but your account is 2 GB total)
A shared folder on Dropbox makes it easy for anyone in your crew to add photos and share from any web browser, any device.
Share a Dropbox folder with anyone
You can share files with anyone, including people without Dropbox accounts, by sharing a link to any file or folder. You can send a shared link by email, Facebook, Twitter, instant message, social networks, wherever you want.
When you share a file or folder using Dropbox, the recipient receives an email with a link to the file or folder. The recipient must have a Dropbox account and be signed into that account to view or edit the file or folder.
Why can’t I upload files to Dropbox?
Reason for Dropbox Not Uploading
If the version of your Dropbox is old, the file cannot be uploaded successfully. The Network connection is not stable. If there is something wrong with the network, Dropbox will fail to upload files. File incompatibility.
How do I upload an empty folder to Dropbox?
Quick fixes to Dropbox can’t upload empty folder
- Fix 1. Clear your browser caches.
- Fix 2. Try the incognito mode.
- Fix 3. Update the browser.
- Fix 4. Switch to another browser.
- Fix 5. Upload files from your computer.
- Fix 6. Upload supported file types.
- Workaround 1. Turn to Dropbox client application.
- Workaround 2.
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click Upload.
- Click Files or Folder: If you choose Files, select as many files as you like and click Open. If you choose Folder, select a folder and click Upload.
Can others upload to my Dropbox?
Anyone can send you a file you’ve requested, whether they have a Dropbox account or not. All the files you collect are automatically organized into a Dropbox folder you choose. People who upload files to your file request cannot access your Dropbox account.
How to Add Photos to a Shared Dropbox Folder?
- Click “Files” located at the left side of the window.
- You will see all your photo folders and shared folders.
- If you want to add photos to a shared Dropbox folder, then open the shared folder.
- Click “Upload” button located at the top of the window.
- A pop-up window opens up.
When using a share link, no one will be able to see any parent or sibling folder, period. They can only see the specific file or folder that you’ve linked to. If you’ve linked to a folder, they can see anything in the folder, including any sub-folders.
You can send large files via email by creating a shareable link to a file or folder stored in Dropbox. In Dropbox, hover over a file or folder that you want to send via email and click Share when it appears.
Create and share a Dropbox link with edit access
If you share with someone without a Dropbox account, they’ll only be able to preview the file or folder. Sign in to dropbox.com. Hover over the file or folder you’d like to share and click the share icon (rectangle with an up arrow). From the dropdown, select can edit.