How to Access Windows Shared Folders from iPhone & iPad
- Open the built-in Files app on your iPhone or iPad.
- In the Browse menu, tap on the “triple-dot” icon located at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Now, tap on “Connect to Server”.
- Next, type in your local server address that you obtained from Command Prompt.
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
About This Article
- Download and install Cx File Explorer from the Google Play Store.
- Open Cx File Explorer.
- Tap the Network tab.
- Tap the plus icon.
- Tap the Remote tab.
- Tap Local Network.
- Tap the device with the shared folder.
- Enter the username and password if prompted.
View and manage your shared files
- On your Mac, select the Shared folder in the iCloud section of the Finder sidebar.
- Click the Grouping pop-up menu in the Finder window toolbar, then choose Shared By. The window displays the files and folders shared by you and others grouped by sender.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people. Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
How to Fix Windows 10 Cannot Access Shared Folder
- Update Windows 10.
- Set Your WiFi Network to Private.
- Enable Network Discovery and Disable Password Protected Sharing.
- Make Sharing Services Start Automatically.
- Allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows Defender Firewall.
- Check Your Windows Credentials.
Do the following to access shared files and directories through a wireless network:
- Ensure network discovery and file sharing is turned On.
- Click Start , click Control Panel, click Network and Internet, and then click Network and Sharing Center.
- Double-click Network. …
- Double-click the computer you want to access.
How do I view iPhone files on my computer?
Set Up Remote Access From iPhone or iPad. Now, you can turn to your mobile device. To access the computer from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, download and install the Remote Desktop app from Apple’s App Store. Open the app, tap the + button in the top-right corner, and choose the option Add PC.
Answers. You should use VPN to access the network your server is placed, then you would be able to access the shared folder. Other ways to do this is with WebDAV, FTP etc.
How do I access iCloud files on my iPhone?
To access iCloud Drive files in the Files app:
- Open Files on your iPhone or iPad.
- Repeatedly tap the Browse button until you see a list of Locations.
- Tap iCloud Drive to view all the files in your iCloud account.
- Tap a file to download and open it.
How do I see files in iCloud Drive?
iCloud Drive lets you securely access all of your documents from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Windows PC.
- Sign in to iCloud.com.
- Go to iCloud Drive.
- In the bottom-right corner, select Recently Deleted items.
- Browse the list of files.
Can I give access to my iCloud Drive?
Under the iCloud Drive tab in the Files app, tap Select, choose the item you shared, then tap Share. From the Share window, tap Manage Shared File or Manage Shared Folder to access a few different options. If you want to give more people access to the shared folder, tap Add People.