Please follow this procedure to create a share:
- Click on the Server Manager icon ( …
- Select File and Storage Services, then Shares.
- Right-click in the blank area on the right side and select New Share. …
- For basic setup, select SMB Share – Quick, then Next.
Windows File Server shares can be created using Server Manager or by right mouse clicking on any folder and choosing “Sharing” on the sharing tab to create a share that can be mapped by PC’s.
Types of File Sharing
There are two ways to share files over a network: directly between two computers or between a computer and a server. When a file is shared between a computer and a server, the computer uploads the file to a storage area on the server where you can share it with others.
Share a folder with the file explorer
- Right click on the folder 1 and click on Properties 1 .
- Go to the Sharing tab 1 and click on Advanced Sharing 2 .
- Check the box Share this folder 1 and click on Permissions 2 .
- Configure sharing permissions as needed 1 then click Apply 2 and OK 3 .
How to share a common folder with primary and secondary servers
- Right click on the folder you wish to share and click on Properties.
- Under Sharing tab, Click on Advanced Sharing.
- Check the Share this folder option and provide a Share Name.
- Click on Permissions.
Share a Folder in Windows Server 2016
- Right-click and click properties of a folder that you want to share in your network.
- Select Sharing tab and click Advanced Sharing option.
- Under Advanced Sharing option, check Share this folder option.
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
How do I share files or folders over a network now?
- Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
What is sharing of files How do you make a file sharing?
Share with specific people
- Select the file you want to share.
- Click Share or Share .
- Under “Share with people and groups,” enter the email address you want to share with.
- To change what people can do to your doc, on the right, click the Down arrow. …
- Choose to notify people. …
- Click Share or Send.
File servers allow users to share information across a network without the need to physically transfer files via floppy diskette, or any other storage device. It’s simply a computer that can be used to provide information and software to customers, employees, and other computers.
How do I give access to server folder?
Granting Access to a File or Folder
- Access the Properties dialog box.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click Edit. …
- Click Add… …
- In the Enter the object names to select text box, type the name of the user or group that will have access to the folder (e.g., 2125. …
- Click OK. …
- Click OK on the Security window.
Choose who to share with
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.