Tap Google Drive tab on the left side, then tick Sync My Drive to this computer option. And choose Sync everything in My Drive, or Sync only these folders to sync the shared files from My Drive to the computer.
You can put the shortcut inside your “My Drive” or any Drive that’s shared with you.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- On the left, click Shared with me.
- Select the files or folders to which you want to add a shortcut.
- Right click the files or folders you selected. Add shortcut to Drive.
- Choose a folder.
- Click Add shortcut.
Can you sync Google Drive with your computer?
You can use Drive for desktop to keep your files in sync between the cloud and your computer. Syncing is the process of downloading files from the cloud and uploading files from your computer’s hard drive. After syncing, the files on your computer match the files in the cloud.
Google Backup & Sync on Mac
- Open a browser and go to www.google.com/drive/download.
- Follow the steps to install from a disk image download.
- Sign into Google Drive. …
- Click Next a few times to complete the setup. …
- Google Drive is added to your sidebar. …
- Wait for Google Backup & Sync to download your files.
Why my Google Drive does not sync?
If you don’t have enough Google storage, free up space or get more storage from Google One. If you sync changes to a file you don’t own and the owner doesn’t have enough storage, the changes won’t sync. To sync changes, reach out to the file owner to either transfer ownership or ask them to manage their storage.
Why is my Mac not syncing with Google Drive?
Log Out Of The App & Log Back In. If Google Drive is still not syncing on your Mac, you can try logging out and then logging back into the app on your machine. This should give it a fresh start to sync your content. Click on the app icon in the menu bar, click on three dots, and choose Preferences.
How do you use Google Drive on a Mac?
How To Set Up And Use Google Drive For Mac?
- Go to google.com/drive and click on the blue Go to Google Drive button.
- Click Create Account.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create a new Google account (this will also serve as your new Gmail email address)