Double-click the name of the computer from which the folder you want to open is being shared. Select a folder. Double-click the folder you want to open. Enter a username and password if prompted.
Just follow these steps:
- Press Win + E to open a File Explorer window.
- In Windows 10, choose This PC from the left side of the window. …
- In Windows 10, click the Computer tab.
- Click the Map Network Drive button. …
- Choose a drive letter. …
- Click the Browse button. …
- Select a network computer or server and then a shared folder.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
To do this, open File Explorer, right-click the file you want to share, and select Sharing. Now you’ll see all computers with Nearby Sharing enabled under the Find more people section. When you select that remote computer system, a notification will appear on the other computer that there’s an incoming file.
Set Up Network Access on Windows 10 and Share a Folder Without Creating Homegroup
- Right-click the network icon and select Open Network and Sharing Center:
- Click on Change advanced sharing settings:
- In the “Current Profile” section select: …
- In the “All Networks” section select “Turn off password protected sharing“:
How can I access files from another computer on my network?
Click the “Share” tab at the top of File Explorer if you want to share additional folders with the other computer. Select the folder you want to share, and then click “Homegroup (View and Edit)” on the ribbon to give the other computer full access to the folder.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing . Select the File Sharing checkbox. To select a specific folder to share, click the Add button at the bottom of the Shared Folders list, locate the folder, select it, then click Add.
Add members and set access levels:
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- At the left, click Shared drives and double-click one of your shared drives.
- At the top, click Manage members.
- Add names, email addresses, or a Google Group. New members must have a Google account. …
- To change: …
- Click Send.
press Ctrl+L if you can’t type in the location bar. In shortcuts menu on top left, you have access to the shared folders on your network via the “Network” folder. You should see the PC you’re interested in there. you can also go to places->connect to server then choose windows share and then type the IP address..
Sharing files using basic settings
- Open File Explorer on Windows 10.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the item, and select the Properties option.
- Click on the Sharing tab.
- Click the Share button.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the user or group to share a file or folder. …
- Click the Add button.