You can share files and folders in iCloud Drive so other people can view and edit them. You can also allow participants to add people to a file or folder. Note: If you have shared Pages, Numbers, or Keynote files in iCloud Drive, you can view and edit them using Pages, Numbers, or Keynote on iCloud.com.
Choose who to share with
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under “People,” type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.
Touch and hold the folder or file. , tap Manage Shared Folder or Manage Shared File, then tap Send Link. Choose a method for sending the link, enter any other requested information, then send or post the invitation.
With iCloud File Sharing, you can share folders and documents in iCloud Drive with others. You and the people you invite can view and even work on your documents. The people who receive your invitation can click a link to download the shared folder or file from iCloud to any of their devices.
Share with specific people
- Select the file you want to share.
- Click Share or Share .
- Under “Share with people and groups,” enter the email address you want to share with.
- To change what people can do to your doc, on the right, click the Down arrow. …
- Choose to notify people. …
- Click Share or Send.
See the iOS and iPadOS apps that can share files with your Mac
- Open a Finder window.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer with a USB cable.
- Select your device in the Finder. …
- Click the Files tab to see a list of apps that can share files.
In Windows Explorer, navigate to the shared location that contains the file, such as a network drive. Right click and drag the file into the body of your email. Shortcut menu displays. Click Create Hyperlink Here.
The 5 Best File-Sharing Software
- Sync.com — Share your files quickly and securely.
- pCloud — Share unlimited data with other users.
- Google Drive — Collaborate with great built-in features for online businesses.
- WeTransfer — Send documents easily without an account.
- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Select Give Access to > Specific people.
- From there, you can choose specific users and their permission level (whether they can read-only or read/write). …
- If a user doesn’t appear on the list, type their name into the taskbar and hit Add. …
- Click Share.
How do I create a file folder?
Creating New Files and Folders
- Open your computer’s file manager (Finder on a Mac or Explorer on a Windows PC).
- Select Box.
- Navigate to the location in Box where you want to create the new folder.
- Right click in the folder where you would like to create the new folder.
- Select New Folder.
Is Dropbox and iCloud the same thing?
Dropbox offers more features and offers a simple, easy-to-use interface on all platforms, including on Mac and iOS. However, iCloud offers greater integration for Apple device owners, making it easier to share and sync your files.
How to view shared photo albums on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and PC
- Open Photos on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Albums tab.
- Scroll down until you see the Shared Albums category and tap See All to view shared albums.